recording from tv using av cable, help!!

I am trying to figure how to hook up one vcr, using av cables, to record from my tv. There' s a tutorial on this site explaining how to do it with 2, but I only need a tutorial for one. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. thanks!

Blog Entries
    If your TV has AV outputs and your VCR has AV inputs, connect the TV outputs to the VCR inputs. Select AV input on the VCR, then hit record and you're away.

If this doesn't make sense, or if you don't have these connections, let us know what you do have and we'll take it from there.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

hey, we got it work. thanks for your help
    Last edited by stainedbeautie; 11th Jan 2005 at 00:04.

Blog Entries
    Sweet
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

hey, I was wondering if you could tell me why the sound is funny. In certain parts it will sound like it is gurgly noise. I am not using the red av because there is no place on the vcr to hook it up, could this be why?

Thor

Gurgly sound

That probably is the reason...

If you only have one sound channel connected, then your'e recording in mono..

The best way to record is t oget a SCART to Composite+Audio converter ( make sure it's an OUT converter ), and hook up your camera cord to that - assuming that your VCR does have a SCART connector.

The red and White are left and right audio channels, and the yellow is composite video.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure that mono recording would make it sound "gurgly". I don't really know what's happening there to be honest. I don't suppose you could describe the sound in more detail?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com