Software and Video Card for 3 Camera Setup

Any suggestions on Software and or Video card for a 3 Camera setup? I would like to setup a system for a church where they conduct class on three different floors. They might want to explore the possibility of doing multiple streams but for now I believe we are going to stick to one. Is it also possible to schedule streaming, and also record for On demand files.

What is your budget for this part of the project?
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Quote: tonsofpcs
    View Post
    What is your budget for this part of the project?
    I am looking to spend about $200 - $500 on the a/v capture board. I would like the ability to stream all Three audio and video channels at the same time.

Depending on the speed of your host system and the quality you want to stream at, you may need to purchase 1-3 new computer(s) and either one capture card or 3 capture cards. You could go with a low-end system with a WDM-based capture card (single or multichannel) designed for CCTV surveillance or you could go with full workstations with digital I/O. If you have processing power but need a cheap solution to get the video to it, you may be able to use USB 2.0 or IEEE1394 [and if required due to distance, wiring concerns, or the hardware at hand, a small Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) bridge].
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Quote: tonsofpcs
    View Post
    Depending on the speed of your host system and the quality you want to stream at, you may need to purchase 1-3 new computer(s) and either one capture card or 3 capture cards. You could go with a low-end system with a WDM-based capture card (single or multichannel) designed for CCTV surveillance or you could go with full workstations with digital I/O. If you have processing power but need a cheap solution to get the video to it, you may be able to use USB 2.0 or IEEE1394 [and if required due to distance, wiring concerns, or the hardware at hand, a small Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) bridge].
    I was looking at the Osprey 100 media card or EASYCAP 4 CHANNEL USB is saw on eBay connected to an existing system with a decent amount of processing power. Neither solutions has the capability to handle 3 different audio feeds. I am still a little confused on software, I was looking at using window media encoder or vlc, but I am unsure if they both support encoding of 3 different sources on the same card. I read on the Microsoft site "While each instance of the encoder can support multiple sources, input devices can be used by only one source at a time. Therefore, you should install several audio and video capture cards when you encode from multiple instances of the encoder." None of the encoders I am looking at come with audio inputs would I have to purchase another card to handle three different audio inputs. Thanks for all the help so far.

I found out the Osprey 100 only encodes one of it inputs at at a time, The only osprey capable of encoding all three inputs the same time is the 440 which is really pricey. The usb option does not seems as if it would be able to encode all three at the same time either.