Slowing Shots Down without Jumping

I have started shooting video for weddings and I want to produce a slow motion effect. I know I can do this on the editor but sometimes if you get too slow with the clip speed the shot jumps. Is there a way to reduce the record speed on the camera? Is that what shutter is? If so, how do you change it on a camcorder (Canon GL1).

Blog Entries
    What video editor are you using?

In Adobe Premiere Pro, select the clip then go to Clip > VideoOptions > Field Options and check the "Frame Blend Speed Changes" box. This smooths the motion by blending frames.
    In earlier versions of Premiere I think a similar option can be found in Clip > VideoOptions > FrameHold > FrameBlending.

Some cameras allow you to reduce the record speed, but unfortunately this does the opposite of what you want - it results in fast motion video. To record slow-motion you actually need to increase the record speed. This is a rare feature and you won't find it on your average handycam.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I am using DPS Velocity by Leitch. I am also using Canon GL1 Professional DV Cameras. I figured it would have a feature somewhere I just don't know where. Anymore help?