Thread: Sound effect

Sound effect

Hello all,

I know this post probably does not belong here, but i could not find a place to put it

anyway, im looking for a plug in or a sound effect or a modifier or what ever u call it that will change the sound of a person talking into what seems like he or she is being heard over the phone. U know like when a phone is on speaker or something. The shot has someone talking over the phone, and i want the sounds coming from the other person to have the "phone sound" effect, not just regular talking.

thanks for anyones help in advance
    Ma7amee7o

Hi
    Your NLE should have audio plugins already there to make a voice sound more "tinny" otherwise there are tons of audio editors that can make a audio segment sound like a phone conversation.

In the old days of analogue filming, we used to get the talent who was supposedly on the other line to talk into a jar which makes the sound hollow (just like a phone)

I would check out the audio fx in your NLE first as most have a big range (I know Sony Vegas has tons of plugins)

Chris

Blog Entries
    If you have a decent equalizer of some sort, remove all frequencies below 300Hz and above 3.3kHz. This is one of the things telephone systems do to reduce bandwidth, and it's the main reason "phone voice" sounds so tinny.

If you're absolutely desperate you could always try making a phone call, playing the original recording over the phone and re-recording it. I think the EQ solution would be better though.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Changing the EQ will do. Play around the frequencies that Dave mentioned. Save windows movie maker (I'm not sure about Vista's, just XP), most of the video editors can do it.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

thanx everyone ill giv all the suggestions a try

Also, you may want to try shifting the signal to a higher frequency band and then shifting it back down (another trick they [used to] use to cram more signal on a single path).
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler