Zilver

Diferente Mic's in the same console

hi there, I have a mackie cfx12 mix console and i wanted to know how to connect condensed mics using the phantom power and dinamic mic's at the same time, I dont know if just using balanced and unbalanced cables makes the diference cause i dont want to send the 48v to the dinamic mic's.

excelent site by the way!!

Greetings from Mexico

Dave Zilver

Blog Entries
    Hi Zilver,

Just turn the phantom power on, it won't interfere with or hurt the dynamics. At least that's the theory - technically speaking there may be some small risk but I've never heard of a dynamic mic being harmed by phantom power.

If this sounds a bit dodgy, the Mackie user manual might make you feel better. Page 12 says:

"If you are using both condenser and dynamic mics, don't worry. Phantom power will not hurt most dynamic mics. Check the microphone's user manual if you're not sure."

PS Thanks for the compliment
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Zilver

Thanks!!

Thanks for the answer! Actually I dont have the user manual, only the Owner's manual and haven't read anything about this think on it., Do you know where can I download the user's manual??

Thanks for answering this fast!

Dave Zilver

Blog Entries
    Actually it might be the same manual. Anyway, I downloaded it here (see the links on the left side of the page):
    http://www.mackie.com/products/cfx12/
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com