Thread: Editiing HDV

Editiing HDV

Hello again everyone,

I shooted some movie in HDV quality on my Sony-Z1.
    Now i captured it in premiere, but the audio is out of sync + seems like the computer cant realy handle HDV.

What kind of pc do i need to be able to normally edit HDV movies in Adobe Premiere?

And how does it come that my capured audio is out of sync?

Thanks alot in advance

Marvin!~

Hi Marvin
    For HD I wouldn't go anything less than a quad core machine and a sizable amount of ram and a really BIG video card (plus big drives)
    However a friend of mine seems to be surviving OK on a dual core but he found that Premiere just didn't do the job so he now has the CS3 pack.

Doing HD involves a LOT more than just buying an HD camera!! You have to think about a new computer, more drive space and a Bluray burner too!! Then you need an HD TV and Bluray Disk player just to watch it!!

Chris

Well, i know the machine i work on cant handle it.

I recorder the movie on HDV on accident, so i need to do it now with the resources i got.

About the CS3. Premiere has also a CS3 version , wich i use.

Thanks for the reply,

Marvin!~

Blog Entries
    Do you still have the footage on tape? The Sony Z1 cameras have an option to down-convert to standard DV as you capture. If you don't actually want the HDV footage you can recapture it as DV.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

If you have an open PCI-E slot in your editing computer, and room enough for a full sized card, I suggest the Matrox RT.X2.You'll be able to edit your HDV in real time.

I currently use a RT.X100 and will upgrade to the X2 when my business dictates it (soon, real soon.)