Voice over for wedding

If am covering a wedding and my audio during the exchanging of vows r not clear can I do a voice over ?
    Thanks Anthony!

I think the family would be quite upset... but I don't see why you couldn't use ADR.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Hi Anthony
    I do weddings for a living. The bride and groom would freak out!!!! The next piece of equipment you need after your camera is a radio mic setup!!
    You can get away with just one label if you fasten it on the groom's jacket and it will pick up the bride without a problem as they normally face each other for the vows. If you can't afford a radio mike then at least buy a wired lapel mic and run it back to your camera. The exchange of vows is the ONE thing that they need to hear and you will never get it good enough with the camera mic unless you stand on top of them.

If you have already done the wedding and have bad audio then the best you can do is lift the level in your NLE BUT for goodness sake don't do a voice-over!!!

Chris

Fostex, I feel your pain. I videotaped a birthday celebration once and I was only asked to video tape the main parts of the celebration as they had a "program" laid out already. Before the party began, I decided to throw a little more effort into the video by going to each guest and having them give their personal greeting to the honoree. Well it started out ok, until the room became so crowded until I could not even hear myself think. I ended up putting the greetings in between the dancing portion of the party and close captioning the guests greetings in sync with their voice. It turned out ok thankfully, but I too am seeking independent audio for such ocassions. I actually started a forum regarding same and have received a few good ideas. Good luck.

Re:Audio Problem

I normally hook in the PA system so my audio generally ok, but thanks for the lavilier suggestion i'd plan to get one. Thanks very much Chris for ur input and thanks Lady C from New Jersey.