StarWars effects

can someone tell me a software that we can put starwars effects and gun shooting effects. examples such as super hero effects, like fire going through eyes etc.

Blog Entries
    The standard way to do this is by adding the effects frame-by-frame (AKA rotoscoping). There may be plugins available to make blaster shots but I don't know of any. You might like to have a look at the plugins I mentioned in Stargrrl's Smoke Filter thread - they can help with fire etc.

When I had my Amiga (a few years ago now) I used to make phaser-type animations separately and superimpose them with a genlock, but that sort of thing is a bit obsolete now.

Here's a pretty cool tutorial on making a lightsabre effect. The same principle can be used to make rayguns etc.
    http://www.alienryderflex.com/rotoscope/
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Frame by frame? In photoshop?... oh no that will take forever

Is there a way to use after effects? I heard it can do everything, wash the dishes, make the dinner, everthing!?!

If I advance, follow me. If I stop, push me. If I fall, inspire me.

Blog Entries
    I've finally got round to giving this a try. I made a simple blaster bolt like the one below in Photoshop, then animated it over a video clip in Premiere. Pretty basic but it worked okay.

I'll make a proper tutorial for this as soon as I get a chance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Mercury

keyframe

If you are using Premeire, you can put the laser on over your clip and then use keyframes to move it. Just go to the beggining of your clip and put the laser where you want it to start, then got o the end of your clip and put it where you want it to end. Premeire will move it for you so you don't have to go frame by frame. However, it is still a good idea to go in frame by frame and clean up to make the effect look better.

lazer blasts I think would be easy peasy, but light sabres!?!?
    If I advance, follow me. If I stop, push me. If I fall, inspire me.

The pros on star wars actually go frame by frame for each effect and add them like that and thats pretty much how to do light sabres unless you make a simple lazer blade of the light sabre and then just rotate and crop that in your video editing program frame by frame. That's the way that my friends have taught me to do it and the onyl way I know how to do it.

Re:

Maybe this is better, but it is done in Ulead MediaStudio 8 Pro....
    http://www.hiddenphantom.com/Tutoria...ow/MSPGlow.htm