Hand Shake problem!

Hi,

I notice that when i shoot a video, my hands always shake. The video cam is not a professional one which you can place on your shoulder. I only can hold with my hand/palm.

Am i suppose to hold tripod while shooting? Coz i am suppose to walk around! If the interviewee is on a particular position, tripod will be usefull.

And handshake is natural... so what can i do?

Any help please?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that's a tricky one. Palm-held camcorders will never be as steady as shoulder-mounted cameras.

For best results you could buy a camera stabilizer like the ones at http://www.varizoom.com. If you search around the net, you can find everything from simple shoulder-mount adaptors to serious steadycam systems.

Of course a tripod will give the best results, but isn't always practical. A compromise is the monopod (like a tripod but with one leg). A monopod is a lot easier to move around with.

My only other suggestions are:
    - Hold your camera close to your body
    - Breathe slowly and deeply
    - Lean against a wall or other solid object
    - When walking and shooting at the same time, some people like to walk with their legs slightly bent. They say it gives them a steadier shot, but I can't say it works very well for me. Maybe worth a try.

Hope this helps.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks for the info..

wow... after convert the flowpod model, it can be around rm2000 - 3000. So expensive.

Can buy another digital camcorder... haha!

Ok, i will look at camera shops for this.

But i hardly seen any monopods in Malaysia. Even tripods, well cheap ones.

Hmm...

Oops.. i hold my camera a bit away from me.... i think need a monopod... sounds useful for me.

Thanks alot. Scott from Varizoom had emailed me! Too bad Malaysia does not have any dealers for Varizoom products.

Do you have any good brands on monopods?

or even that thing which can place on my shoulder?

economical price? Not too expensive but good!

Any tips?

Blog Entries
    I had a Manfrotto monopod which was very good. I think it cost me around $US100.

Recently I broke one of the legs on an old tripod. It wasn't worth fixing so I decided to hack another leg off and try using it as a monopod. It works quite well!

Sorry, I don't really know much about prices for shoulder mounts.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Recently I broke one of the legs on an old tripod. It wasn't worth fixing so I decided to hack another leg off and try using it as a monopod. It works quite well!
    --> wow! like that also can ...