Thread: New Server

Blog Entries

New Server

MediaCollege.com has moved to a new server. This is always a little stressful and it's impossible to manually check to make sure everything is still working correctly, but so far it all seems to be good. Please let me know if you encounter anything amiss.

The new server is a bit more grunty, has a higher data transfer allowance and better backup. But the really nice thing is that Richard (AKA Scratch, my brother) has installed the RED5 Flash media server at the same time. I don't know when I'll get time to play with it, but I'm sure it's going to open up lots of opportunities in the future. For example, anyone fancy live videoconferencing through the forum? What about a webcam on your profile page? Naturally it also means we can look at some serious video hosting.

One other thing... I'm almost certainly going to split the MC Media Player forum from the Media College forum and move it to the mcmediaplayer.com domain. This isn't ideal but I think it's probably necessary. I'll post a message in the announcement forum with more details later.

BTW I know I owe some of you replies to PMs. Sorry, I'm getting there
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I like this.
    maybe I can do something with my domains golfstreaming.com and readinggreens.com
    Executive Producer,
    Start Up Evangelist

Hiya Dave

Posting still seems to be disabled for some reason in the Video Forum.
    I can post in the others but am only allowed to edit posts in Video

BTW: Did you get the manuals?????

Chris

Blog Entries
    Oops, thanks Chris

Yes I did get the manuals, thanks very much. Sorry I haven't had the chance to upload them yet or contact you. I'm working on it...
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com