Canon GL2 and film-look

Hi, this is my first post.

I am the happy owner of a Canon GL2 camera. However, after a few productions, I'm getting tired of this crappy video-look, over-exposed images.

Can anyone give me a few hints on how to get closer to a professional film-look please?

Thanks in advance!

Try setting the movie mode to "frame". Red Giant software has great post plug-ins (like Magic Bullet) which help get the film look as well.

Hi

Also might be an idea to start using manual shutter and aperture settings to get the correct exposure then think about lighting your scenes correctly. Most movies mainly look good because they are correctly exposed, focussed and above all lit correctly.
    Most video users have no background whatsoever in photography and it certainly doesn't hurt to go back to the basics and find what what makes a good picture!! Video is simply a series of still images so it's STILL important to make those images photographically correct. You will be pleasantly surprised the difference it will make to your shots as most camcorders are designed for "point and shoot" and that's what most video cameramen actually do with them. It's not the camera at all BUT who is behind the camera that counts.

Chris