Camera Problem (JVC-JY-10E)

Hi,
    Recently i got camera from Friend with the model JVC-JY_HD10E and it has a problem of not being able to view any visual either on LCD or view finder. I can jut able to see shaggy greenish ghost appearance of the subject that I am trying to get.
    So what could be the problem, i went through checking its settings but i could not find any thing. Moreover it doesn’t have any of its Manual book through which i can check.
    So, I would appreciate for any one’s help to solve my problem.

Thanking you.

Camantenzi.
    camantenzi_bhu@yahoo.com

Although by now you may have already found this info out, but your model is one on a sizeable list of JVC camcorders that were fitted with defective CCD image sensors, JVC having had a special free repair programme for this fault running for the past 30 months or so, however this expired at the end of 2007 although I am aware (through feedback) that in certain cases / areas JVC are still carrying out the repair on a "goodwill basis".

The symptoms you mention are one in a range that can show up on devices with this problem, these start from a blank screen when switched to camera, through to images having multi-coloured lines, streaking, blurred images etc.

Another near 100% positive identification of the problem is if previously recorded (not recently) tapes can still be viewed when played.
    Last edited by jb38.pch; 22nd May 2008 at 12:08.

Quote: jb38.pch
    View Post
    Although by now you may have already found this info out, but your model is one on a sizeable list of JVC camcorders that were fitted with defective CCD image sensors, JVC having had a special free repair programme for this fault running for the past 30 months or so, however this expired at the end of 2007 although I am aware (through feedback) that in certain cases / areas JVC are still carrying out the repair on a "goodwill basis".

The symptoms you mention are one in a range that can show up on devices with this problem, these start from a blank screen when switched to camera, through to images having multi-coloured lines, streaking, blurred images etc.

Another near 100% positive identification of the problem is if previously recorded (not recently) tapes can still be viewed when played.
    Please note! :-The offer mentioned has been extended until 30th June 2008.
    Last edited by jb38.pch; 13th Jun 2008 at 16:15. Reason: addition to text

Thanks for the guidence.

Thanks for the advices; it really helped me solving my problem.
    I always appreciate your guidance and would like to welcome your assistance in the future too.
    By the way, m so sorry for delaying your respnd, actually i was away from station for some work.

Thanking you.
    Camantenzi.