Panasonic WJ-MX30 and WJ-MX50 Video Mixers

On behalf of my church, I'm selling the following two video mixers: Panasonic WJ-MX30 and a Panasonic WJ-MX50. Yet, the catch is that both are sort of broken. The Panasonic WJ-MX30 doesn't fully function and I think it's because it overheats easily. I would have to open the cover to make it work, but after a while, it doesn't even work properly. It turns on, but after a few moments, it stalls and eveything you see on the screen turns fuzzy green, even when I fade between the different channels/sources. The Panasonic WJ-MX50, on the otherhand, functions properly except that the colors don't work on Channel B (Source 1, 2, 3, 4, Matte). When I mix, the bottom channel (B) turn out black and white, while the top channel (A) turn out to work fine with colors. Other than that, there seems to be no other problems.

I'm wondering if you can help me determine what a reasonable price (range) would be for each broken video mixer so I can sell it on ebay. So what are your thoughts?

Very simple
    Be totally honest with buyers and tell them exactly what you think is wrong with each (as you have done here) and then list them on auction starting at $1.00 ... if there are people out there that are prepared to fix them they will bid on them. Even if you sell them for a couple of dollars it's better than throwing them in the trash!! Just make sure that you cover yourself adequately for postage!! At the worst you will be able to find them a good home without any guilty feelings that you cheated a buyer who might have thought they were working.

Chris

Agreed with Chris, always be honest in your dealings.

I sell old equipment (esp those obsolete and not profitable for repairs) to the rag-and-bone man (I don't know what's the term used in other countries) for a couple of dollars. They either strip it down to the recyclable parts (esp the metals) and throw the rest of the parts away, or sell it unfixed at a flea market at a higher price.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Hi Nagar

eBay is absolutely amazing in the fact that people will gladly pay top dollar for faulty stuff so that would be my first choice. I have seen camcorders BOLDLY marked as untested and faulty go for hundreds!!! The other option is to ask the local Panasonic Repair centre if they can be repaired?...then you can sell them on eBay still but state that they ARE repairable by the agents. That will give potential bidders some re-assurance that they CAN be fixed.

We have what is called a "verge pickup" once a year. You place all your junk outside your house on the verge and the local council picks it up and sells to scrap metal dealers etc etc. However, once it's put out, there is an endless stream of vehicles scanning the piles for items of interest and most seems to get recycled to passersby before the council even gets there!!!
    I have "retrieved" some good stuff in the past too!! An almost new Tumble Dryer that just needed a new element and our fancy Teac HIFI speakers in the living room were a "verge snatch" ...they were perfect!!!!Our annual Pickup starts in a fortnight!!

One man's junk is another man's treasure. (Now to see if anyone puts out a Sony DSR300 DVCAM !!!!!!!)

Chris

One man's junk is another man's treasure.
    Without a shadow of a doubt!
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Quote: ChrisHarding
    View Post
    One man's junk is another man's treasure. (Now to see if anyone puts out a Sony DSR300 DVCAM !!!!!!!)
    If you find two, do you mind sending one this way?
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Quote: patc124
    View Post
    The Panasonic WJ-MX50, on the otherhand, functions properly except that the colors don't work on Channel B (Source 1, 2, 3, 4, Matte). When I mix, the bottom channel (B) turn out black and white, while the top channel (A) turn out to work fine with colors.
    If I remember correctly, the MX50 is a dual-TBC unit with a different TBC for A and B (with different controls) and there should be potentiometer adjustments for each separately (on the back maybe?). It may actually be functioning as intended if it is passing "color" black-and-white (chroma burst present but 0 IRE during video intervals).
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler