helpful, for those wanting to identify the music the listener is
    listening to.

Cheers,
    Zathras

Blog Entries
    Noted, thanks.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Zathras, your wish may be exauced using the id3tag library php code from OSFlvPlayer_v4.2 .
    I have not checked but this thing seems to be cool to extract song and more from flv...

Now I've checked , see here

Nice. Dave seems to have done the worst thing possible for Altair: he's not updated it in ages, even though can't handle playlists very well at all yet. He has also failed to release it to SourceForge, other collaboration sites; and while he at one time promised to share the Flash source, he then said he needs to clean it up before sharing it - to the effect that development has utterly stalled. OSFlvPlayer looks promising. I am not an especially active web developer, but will soon be putting up some of my own music videos; and expect use your research as a guide. While Altair may still be slicker for individual vids and audio tracks, OSFlvPlayer looks better for playlists. I see it does H264. I hope it does AAC as well. You should put your research up at a more durable/findable place. It might be more like a guide than a marked up research page. I'd be happy to include it at my site http://RockSite.webege.com; although it is still very much under construction.

Blog Entries
    http://blog.mcmediaplayer.com/2011/1...ng-it-day.html

Sorry I don't have time for a more personal reply, got a lot of tidying up to do.

BTW I'm open to suggestions for alternative players - I've already included a short list on the website.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com