'Press SPACEBAR or ENTER to activate and use this control'?

I'm getting this message when I try to run an embedded wmv file. When I run the beta flash player I got here, I have to click the player twice for it to start.

Appreciate any help. I use ie6 spk2

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    This is a common problem with IE, caused by a legal dispute over the embedding technology.

The solution isn't pretty but it works fine if you're happy to use JavaScript. Instructions are here:
    http://www.mediacollege.com/internet...ed-object.html
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thank you!

A video web newbie here but find this site very helpful. Thanks!

trouble with embedded sound

I have been using techniques similar to that described on website that Dave mentioned for my swf files for quite some time and they work fine. Now I am trying to use the same technique on a file that includes sound. The javascript is working in that the sound works in the webpage, but I am still having to click on it first in IE.

I was trying to avoid putting the files on the open web. I just wanted to put it in a course that I am teaching that you would not have access to unless you were one of my students. So if you have any general advice on working with sound files (mp3 in this case), please let me know. Otherwise I can post the file if I really need to.

Blog Entries
    I don't know what might be causing that. Maybe if you could post your HTML/JavaScript code someone might be able to spot something.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com