mustafacoruh

How to set up a web server on Windows 2003

I have DSL with static IP. Can any one tell me how to set up my web site on my pc. I have got a Domain name as well.

Thanks
    mustafacoruh@ttnet.net.tr

Blog Entries
    First of all, if you haven't done so already, read our newbie server admins page.

Personally I wouldn't recommend Windows as a server platform but each to their own. I know it's easier for newbies to start with windows, so if ease is more important than quality and safety then Windows is the best option.

I have to be blunt and say that if you don't know how to set up a website on your server then you should not connect your server to the Internet. You should spend a lot of time learning how servers work first and get it all going on a LAN. Newbies connecting their servers to the Internet are a major problem - don't be part of it

Anyway, none of this actually helps you. I don't know much about Windows learning opprtunities but I would suggest searching for tutorials on Windows servers. Your next step is definitely reading and learning - you've got a lot of learning to do.

Good luck - having a server is heaps of fun. As long as you're patient, careful and thorough you'll love it
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com