Background Music Selection Please

I recently returned from Niagara Falls with some beautiful footage from my GL1. I'm preparing for the edit and I just can't think of a good tune for the background. Sure, I could go the SmartSound route, but I'd rather not.

Anyone have a suggestion? The falls are both powerful and majestic.

Thanks for your input!

Hi Metabol

At least with SmartSound you have a decent selection (if you have as many pallettes as me) and you can also create the clip to the right length and, of course, it's royalty free too!!
    Then again I always find that picking the music is the hardest part!!! If it's only a personal clip you can use anything you like really....maybe some really stirring classical piece with majestical overtones would be good???

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I don't have too many palettes. I buy them as I need them for jobs. I agree, picking music is difficult. I usually have clients pick the music and supply me with originals or I buy it and add it to the bill.

This is for me. I was just soliciting ideas for a piece that would go good with powerful water. I'l take your advice and go with a classical piece. That sounds about right.

- Met

Hi Metabol,

In addition to Chris' suggestion, you can also go "the opposite route": the footage is already describing 'power' and 'majesty', so you could select music to add another feeling. In this case, I think that something 'ethereal' (like a single soprano voice) could work beautifully, suggesting a 'angelic' or 'divine' dimension along with the rest.

Hope this helps.
    best,

Great idea! Thanks.