Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Got any Clouds....

Let's see them...

a couple from me, hope you enjoy, comments and critiques welcome.

dp
    http://www.pbase.com/djprov

Gee they don't want to post, must have done something wrong????

here are the links to the photos posted

1) http://www.pbase.com/djprov/image/65661267

2) http://www.pbase.com/djprov/image/56693846

dp

Blog Entries
    I was going to post yersterday but I decided I didn't have any good critique and I didn't want to look like I had nothing to say

Anyway, I think they're great photos. I really like the second one, it has a lot of power and depth.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks Dave, that second one was shot about 18hrs before a direct hit of a hurricane to my neighborhood. These were some of the outer bands of the storm. Yes it was an awesome natural event.

Thanks for the kind words, do you have any clouds?

dp

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I'm not really a still photographer. Actually these days I'm not getting outside much at all
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Hi there djprof,

I thought the stuff on your pbase is great stuff!

My thoughts on clouds:
    I think it's very nice if you have just isolated the lone tree on the left against the clouds (portrait). Then again the tree would be grabbing attention from the clouds, which i guess is the subject.

Usually (not always) I find horizon shots does better when it's 1/3 sky / land / sea and 2 / 3 of the other, or vice versa. So the audience knows which is the subject. Giving as much coverage to both makes it too neutral, and the waters do not have something to 'look forward' too.. they don't lead my eyes to the clouds.

Apologies if I sound critical. I'm sharing what I would share with my students while teaching them. And I'm learning too. but really, I think some of the shots on your website are really nice. Keep it coming!
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Thank you for your comments nagar. No apologies necessary, I guess what you are saying is to keep the rule of thirds in mind when shooting. I do have that thought in my head when I shoot but sometimes it just does not work out that way. Thanks for visiting my web site and thank you for you kind words.

Do you have any clouds?
    dp

Yup, I absolutely agree that the rule of thirds is generally useful, but not always the rule!

Haha.. the talk about clouds. A friend was asking if I have pictures of clouds as there is an online competition being held in my country and the theme is 'sky'. Winner gets a Hamilton watch!

Sorry I haven't any clouds. Have not been shooting for a while. I'm going on a trip in a few days, and I hope to spend some time shooting (if I can get to!). I'll try to get some clouds if God sends some.
    Last edited by nagar; 5th Sep 2008 at 16:49. Reason: typo
    Loong . Singapore

Oh I did put a few simple albums on Mediacollege. I believe you can find it when you look for my name under Members List. Those where taken when I was on a short work trip. Sometimes I wish I have a trip especially planned for photography, but unfortunately it will remain a wish for a long while!

Do feel free to share your thoughts and criticism on them. Will be glad to have some feedback.
    Loong . Singapore

Hi djprov,

I have received your message and have replied, but I am not sure if you saw my reply, so I am just checking out here on the public posting.

Also I have managed to take some photos of the famous Angkor Wat (the Temple of Angkor) in Cambodia, as well as photos of the temple Ta Phromh featured in Lara Croft's Tomb Raider (Starring Angelina Jolie). Will try to post them up once they are ready, so stay tuned and please be patient in the meantime.

Cheerio!
    Loong . Singapore

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast