Filming PC monitor

how to film a PC monitor but to avoid that flickering?
    whenever i tape a monitor or tv screen the picture viewed on the camera viewfinder od Camera LCD monitor flickers?
    should i go with certain shutter speed or should i just leave it on Auto Shutter?

Hi Jorde

I am assuming that Macedonia is a PAL region so the easiest (not best) way to eliminate the bars on the screen of a CRT monitor is a temporary set of the monitor refresh rate to 100hz and use a camcorder shutter speed of 1/50th. This won't totally eliminate the roll but you can probably get away with it to get enough usable footage. The pros actually use a special unit that syncs the camera and monitor exactly like you see on a crime program where a suspects details come up on the screen.

Of course, if you use an LCD monitor the problem goes away and you can film to your heart's content!!

What I usually do is show the person at the monitor and choose a bit of footage that's stable and then cutaway to video that has been created by a screen capture program to show the work being done. If the shot is first established as someone at a computer then a cutaway to actual captured footage using FRAPS or similar will allow the audience assume that the screen footage is coming from the same monitor that your subject is working at.

Chris

Thanks

many thanks Mr. Chris yes whenever i film LCD i don't have this problem but with CRT i do.
    i will try this next time to see how it works.

An other option is to record the screen using screen capture software or if the computer has a tv output you could link it up to an capture/editing machine