How to set hvr 7p colour

Please is there any one out here to help me out with this problem, how do set a hvr 7p sony, on manual and not have a bad image, example, i had a bad picture course of red, i mean the red on the image was too much. how do i ajust the colour settings to the best?Cgozie

Blog Entries
    I assume you mean the Sony HVR-Z7P. I'm not sure if your problem is an incorrect setting or a fault, so to start off with, have you done a white balance?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Dave check this

Dave thanks i solved the problem is not a white balance problem , is a problem of light.

I have another problem, i went to a show and the show was sopporse to go on air i mean tv station,

after recording with hvr z7p i played it back on dv deck, it said no image picture or hdi available,

please how do i avoid such incident. Thanks dave you area role model.

have a spare cable? lol

Blog Entries
    The footage you have is still usable - instead of playing the tape in a DV deck, play it from the camera and downconvert to DV as it plays out. It's all there in the menu but I can't remember the exact settings offhand.

In future, if you want to be able to use the tapes in a standard definition deck, change the menu settings to record standard definition instead of HDV. If you can't find the settings I can help but have a look and see how you go.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com