Creating a menu pattern for easy authoring

Hi everyone, this is my first post so I'll try to be as clear as possible.

I am working for a casting company and we are doing auditions to find talents.

I will be filming these auditions on my Canon GL2 and I will record simultaneously the footage on my laptop (with a 500GB hard drive) with Adobe Premiere Pro 2.

The question is : how do I create a pattern (not necessarily on Premiere, could be any program) to quickly edit my footage.

Basically I want to do this :

Can that be done easily? I've tried once the hard way : I took a screencap of each of the chapters, pasted it on a JPEG, then created a menu in Adobe, then made shortcuts on that JPEG to redirect to the chapters.. etc.

What program should I use, how should I do this? Thanks ALOT in advance!!

Pbear.

Edit : Forgot to add that I really need a template because I will re-use this pattern from time to time during other auditions.

Ok, first, a warning: DVD Menu creation is not for the feint of heart.

on with it then:
    You need to create a background video, foreground elements are all still and single-colored [sort-of]. You basically want to render down your source material into a single looping video file with the source material placed in those little boxes you drew. once that's made, you can make the overlays for each 'button', the button will only be a little frame around the video that you already mapped, then you need to map those areas to selections and ... you'll get the menu you want.

Sorry I can't be more in-detail, as this requires specifying software (and me having it on hand to step through)

All that said, you can probably find a consumer/prosumer DVD creation program that can automagically make such menus (I *think* the $100 U-lead DVD creation software can do it, try the demo if you are interested)
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think the best solution would be to buy a cheap DVD autoring tool (or an expensive one if you can afford it). The sort of menu you want is pretty much drag-and-drop with the right software, but would be very difficult otherwise.

These days Premiere Pro comes bundled with Adobe Encore so upgrading could be an option, although CS4 is due out in about a month so right now isn't the best time to buy.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Alrighty! Thanks for the quick answers.

I believe Nero has it... and it is quite an affordable and good software for quick encoding and burning too. User-friendly enough user interface to achieve at least 90% (from faint memory and previous versions) of what you are asking for.

Regards.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

I bought ulead movie factory.

Lots of features and easy to use. I've found what I was looking for, thanks.