Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can I create copy protected DVD?

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a copy protected DVD disc using Vegas, Premium, or another program?
    It would need to be a low cost option as I don't mass produce these.

I did a quick search, but found nothing. I know anyone that is savvy could copy even with protection, but the average person I deal with would not want the bother.

Hi
    Your NLE would not do this as it only creates the MPEG2 file. Your DVD Authoring Software creates the DVD's VOB files but I must admit that I haven't seen any that have copy protection.
    I have been told (but don't take my word for it!!!) that only DVD's that are pressed from a glass master can be created with Regions and/or copy protection. I never have come across any DVD authoring program who's features include copy protection etc etc but I could be wrong.

Why is it essential to make it copy protected??? Most ripping software can often bypass any protection even on commercial disks so you might be wasting your time!!

Chris

Adobe Encore CS3 includes the ability to copy protect your DVD but as you are aware, and as Chris correctly stated, it is easily compromised.

-Met

Thanks for the replies, Chris, and MetaBol.

Pretty much what I was thinking, but never know till you ask. Someone may have that silver bullet that I did not know about!

I will check out Adobe Encore.

Not a huge issue, more curious than anything. Thanks again!

Ron

IIRC, one of the U-Lead DVD creation softwares (the more expensive one) has copy protection and region encoding options. I may be wrong though.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Blog Entries
    I'm 99% sure you can only enable copy protection when using a professional master. It can't be done when burning from a computer.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Hi Dave

That also confirms what I have been told too!!

I think the same goes for Regions as well. All burners create Region 0 DVD's so they will play anywhere.

Chris

Yep.. burning softwares like Ahead Nero (PC) nor Roxio Toast (Mac) do not offer both protection nor region coding...
    Last edited by nagar; 1st Nov 2008 at 16:13. Reason: typo
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

I guess that makes sense. So even if a program offers protection or regions, the DVD Burner may not be able to get it on disc.
    That would be a waste of time for me.

Actually the actual copying of a disc does not concern me as much as copying content I have authored to the internet, such as You Tube,etc.

I don't know of any way to protect that, and even if I could there are ways around the protection on commercial discs.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the sad fact is: Pretty much anything that can be viewed by people can be stolen by them.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast