Thread: Zoom

Zoom

Hi Everyone, i am a beginner..,i need to know what is different between digital zoom and hi-defenition zoom..thanks

Blog Entries
    Hi-definition zoom means optical zoom. This uses the lens to magnify the image. This is the "real" way to zoom.

Digital zoom takes the image and magnifies it using a tiny computer chip. This is pretty much the same as saving the image/video on your computer and magnifying it. This type of zoom degrades the image and is not ideal.

Some manufacturers like to show off the digital zoom power of their cameras but don't be fooled. A 100x digital zoom isn't actually very useful, and anything more than about 20x digital will involve noticable image degradation.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

video quality

Thanks dave..,
    Does that mean when you captured video with some technic you mentioned resulting different quality of video image in the digital editing machines

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I don't quite follow your question but if you're asking whether video footage shot using digital zoom will be lower quality when you edit it, then the answer is yes. Footage shot with a digital zoom will appear more pixelated (blocky) than normal video.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com