Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote: Dave
    View Post
    I'm 99% sure you can only enable copy protection when using a professional master. It can't be done when burning from a computer.

Dave, DVD Studio Pro seems to throw in the options for copy protection and (definitely) region codes. However I have never tested its robustness as my work does not demand it most of the time. We seldom mass produce and even the biggest job we have done was only 10,000 pcs of DVDs which I sent out to a professional company that did all the available security measures as you mentioned. I merely provided a master.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Blog Entries
    Right, just to clarify... you can create the professional master on any computer. Adobe Encore also has the options you describe. However there's no way to create the actual DVDs for distribution with these features enabled on a normal computer - you need to send the master to a professional DVD replication company.

There's one possible catch - you may need to record the master on DLT (Digital Linear Tape) or CMF (Cutting Master Format) in order to keep the copy protection intact. I'm not sure what the current state of play is though - you'd need to check it out.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Yep.. got that point there! Thanks!
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Master or no master it doesn't matter at all. Pressed DVD's are as easily copied as burned DVD's. Your best bet is to put a watermark or bug on the actual video clip. That would do more to deter someone than any copy protection available.

Quote: Nortnarg
    View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to create a copy protected DVD disc using Vegas, Premium, or another program?
    It would need to be a low cost option as I don't mass produce these.

I did a quick search, but found nothing. I know anyone that is savvy could copy even with protection, but the average person I deal with would not want the bother.

DVD Smith, which is freeware, is great if you just copy DVD to your hard drive. For DVD to DVD copying, I recommended Movie DVD Copy. It is a pretty good DVD Copy program that rip protected DVDs. I've been using it all the time and never miss backing up a DVD. These two software can be found at Movie DVD Copy website

Quote: Nortnarg
    View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to create a copy protected DVD disc using Vegas, Premium, or another program?
    It would need to be a low cost option as I don't mass produce these.

I did a quick search, but found nothing. I know anyone that is savvy could copy even with protection, but the average person I deal with would not want the bother.
    it is a good idea , may be i will follow you if it can be done!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12