Television Commercial Agreement

Hi, I'm new here to the forums but I've looked over the website several times. The information here has been very helpful.

I've been asked to produce a television commercial and want to create some type of contract or agreement. I don't have a clue as to what is usually in an agreement such as this. Does anyone know of a website where I could see a sample contract/agreement? Any help is sooo greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Who is/are the other party you are referring to? Actors? Technical crew or both?
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Hi Newmovies

Quite a neat way of getting the necessary documents is to join a site called www.turnhere.com They commission freelance videographers to do clips for businesses in CitySearch and Yellow Pages and once you are a member (free) you can download the necessary releases and legal docs you need to film a commercial.

Chris

SC358: I'm referring to my client, some type of formal agreement like for $$$ I will produce the commercial 30 sec long to include this or that. I was curious how others in the business are handling their clients. I'm pretty new to the business and have had a few inquiries about TV commercials and would like to grow my business, but want something in writing so that I have legal grounds for payment etc.

ChrisHarding: I'll check out the website you mentioned.

Thanks to both of you for responding.

newmovies: If you want the contract to be easily binding and enforceable, pay a lawyer. You could simply draw up a gentleman's agreement (either verbal or written just as you described) but it won't hold as much water. Also, you can likely have a lawyer draw up a template and just print a few copies with blanks for detailed information and names, etc (plus you'll know where a lawyer is who understands what you're doing).
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Blog Entries
    I'm going to have agree with Eric. In areas where I have no expertise - I bite the bullet and go to the expert to let them take care of everything upfront. This way all angles that I haven't thought of is taken care of. Afterwards, I can review, ask for some guidance and manipulate as needed.

Btw - EVERYTHING is negotiable.
    Last edited by SC358; 8th Dec 2008 at 19:54.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.