MP4 (h264) files not streaming

Maybe I am doing something wrong that you can help me out with. I have been using MC Classic for a little over a year now and have always been using .flv files. Because lately a lot of my clients have required to download the file and trying to explain how to install VLC player to people who barely know how to turn their computer on is not an option, I needed another route. So I started ripping my videos in .mp4 format. The problem that I am having is that it is not streaming. At first I was using an MPEG2 codec and it wouldn't play the video, just the audio, but it would stream. When I moved over to h264 it plays everything, but it doesn't stream. Please let me know if there is something specific that is needed on the encoding end to make it stream.

These are my current settings:
    Video Codec: h264
    Video Size: 480x288
    Bitrate: 1200
    Buffer Size: 128
    Frame Rate: 29.97
    Aspect Ratio: 16:9
    Zoom: Full
    GOP (Group of picture size): 250
    Quantizer Scale: 25

And click here for a sample if you need to see the current application.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Thumbs up I actually just found the answer to this one...

I actually just found the answer to this one...

I found a piece of software called MetadataMover that does the trick perfectly. And is a standalone application with nothing to install. Anyone else needing to address this issue, this is the perfect little program, and it's free!

Doesn't your mp4 file stream properly over the Internet? Does the mp4 need to download completely before playing in a Flash player? rndware's MetadataMover moves metadata from the end to the beginning of mp4 files. This allows any mp4 file to be streamed using Flash players.

Quote: cacc
    View Post
    trying to explain how to install VLC player to people who barely know how to turn their computer on is not an option
    You could build a custom version of vlc that just opens and plays a file...
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

That would require the clients to download something, and since it is for the film industry it is different clients all the time. Not to mention the complete mix of operating systems ranging from Windows 95 to Vista, Mac OS8 to OSX10.5, maybe even a Linux user or two. It would just be a nightmare to need to give support for everything, so I need something more standalone. I could of course have the .flv file for the video player and then have the .mp4 and .wmv files strictly for download, but that just adds more time to get everything posted, especially if I am posting 400 people at 5-10 minutes each. The MetadataMover program is confirmed working and I haven't heard anything from anyone not being able to play the videos yet (assuming no news is good news of course).