Loss of video when importing an avi file....

Hey!

I'm having a bit of trouble with my adobe premiere.. When i try to import an AVI movie file into the program it only takes the audio of the file.. Iv'e tried other similar files aswell but nothing seems to work. Anyone know what the problem is?

Thank you guys.

(edit)
    Version 2.0
    Last edited by Fillcon; 30th Nov 2008 at 11:30.

Hi Fillcon

The version may help people solve your problem. Let them know what Version Premiere you have.

Chris

What is the source of the AVI file? Sounds like a codec problem.

-Met

The version 2.0 like i wrote in my edit.. Hmm I've tried a couple of different AVI files, so i don't know.. How do i check the source though?

Thx in advance..

/Phil

Try using gSpot. i don't thing you should google that so i've attached it. i know it says in a .wav file just download it and change the extension to .zip (sorry dave!)

EDIT: oko dont worry about the attchment. tonsofpcs has added a link
    Last edited by smifis; 3rd Dec 2008 at 08:45.

Things to check

Don't know if you've gotten this resolved or not since the last post in this thread is a few days old...

Definitely use gSpot and let us know what codec the video is encoded with, as that way folks can point you to the appropriate codec pack to get for your computer.

Can you play the file in Windows Media Player? If so, then the appropriate codec is already on your machine and there is something else wrong (i.e., something in Adobe). Note I don't say to use VLC or any other media player, as many of those will already have all the codecs you'll ever need (plus a few! ), so that isn't a good test. WMP is very picky, and if codecs aren't just-so, it won't play the video.

Definitely let us know regarding gSpot and what WMP has to say for itself.
    Last edited by AngelKnight; 12th Dec 2008 at 07:22. Reason: clarity
    AngelKnight
    Sony HDR-SR11 camcorder, FujiFilm FinePix S1Pro digital camera

Yay guys, I finally got it to work... I used the KLM codec pack, and then it worked perfect. Thank you guys so very much!

Good job! Glad you got it working.
    AngelKnight
    Sony HDR-SR11 camcorder, FujiFilm FinePix S1Pro digital camera