Picture to Picture?

Dear Friends!
    I am about to do a short VideoHome with a Panasonic NV-GS400EG.
    I want to mount it on a tripode and to let it do shots every 5 minutes to document the moving in a new house of my family.

1st: I don`t even know the technical word for this frame by frame documentary
    2nd: may by you know if there is a software for this.

Does anybody can help me?

Thanks a lot

Enrique

Hi Enrique

The GS400 in video mode cannot actually do what we call "time lapse" but you can of course do short bits of video every 5 minutes.

The correct way to do time lapse is to leave the camera running and then use capture software to capture every say, 10th frame and this way a hour of video is condensed into 20 minutes at obviously 3 times the speed!

Most Editors can also take video and speed it up for you as well so a one hour move can happen a lot quicker. Makes for fun video!! and you capture the footage as normal and simply speed it up in the editor.

I would personally just record the main event in normal time and then speed up the entire event after editing. That way you can cut out bits where nothing is happening

Chris

Thanks Chris for your suport!
    Bests
    Enrique

Hier again with the same problem.

I need to rec from the beginning snapshots, because the camara is going to stay for hours at the same position. I am looking for a software (like the animation software Frame Thief), but it has to take the "pictures" automatically every 5 minutes.

Can anybody can help me?

Just do what Chris said in the above post because what he says is effectively the same as taking on frame, or picture as you call it and putting them all together to make a time lapse shot.

Chris's way is better but since that didn't help you maybe this will.

If your going to speed it up in an editing program then you'll need to find out what speed you want the video to be in fps (Frames Per Second). To work this out you should find out if you are working in PAL or NTSC. PAL is 25 fps and NTSC is 30fps. Now work out how many frames there are in 1 minute. for PAL this would be 25*60=1500fps and for NTSC it would be 30*60=1800fps. now times this by 5 to get five minutes. PAL - 1500*5=7500fps and NTSC - 1800*5=9000fps. if you now set this as the frame rate for that section of video then when you render it, you editor will get one frame every 5 minutes.

OK, Thanks a lot. I just thought that if I have a device that record one frame each 5 minutes I will not need to do any editing and I will not need to change tapes every 60 minutes, and thinking about 2 days filming is not less.

Anyway, I think that my home video is not going to work.

Thanks for your nice words

Enrique

For still shots there are many digital cameras that provide timelapse shooting, like the Olympus Sp-350. Simply set up the camera, plug in a large SD card to hold all of the images, set it on Timelapse, set the number of images over a period of time and press Go!

You can leave the camera for days or hours. This feature is not available on cheap digital cameras so plan on spending around $300 USD or more.

For editing video you could use Premiere Elements, it has a Time Stretch option as well as the ability to do Time Lapse on capture or "Stop Motion".
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com