Thread: Hi...

Hi...

hi,im a begginer in video editing...Could i ask some tips and structional materials from somebody....? I want to learn more about video editing....Could you please help me?

Hi

Why not start right here. Dave has some great information on the mediacollege site for you!!

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/editing/

Chris

Hi Ive already seen this links....

I have already seen this links...what i want is a complete book or manual so that i can start editing.....I know the terms in video editing......
    Some video editing software are very difficult to understand....Just like the ADOBE PREMIERE PRO...

When you buy your chosen software it will include a manual, help and tutorials. I don't use Adobe Premiere, I use Sony Vegas, but that's my choice.

Most edit packages have more tutorials included than the software itself, often video ones!! Otherwise once you have decided which package interests you then search places like YouTube for video tutorials. However nothing beats actual practice!! Shoot some footage then edit it ..that way you get practical experience

Chris

i use adobe premiere and what i did to start of with was i got a peice of video. any video and used the basics of the kuleshov effect to make a story from any old bit of video. this is a chance to browse about. press any random button. see what it does! if it interesting take a mental note of it. the main things you need to remember in premiere pro is you have two "monitors". you drage the captured video onto the left monitor and play it. when you get to the bit you want pre the letter i and then when you get to the end of the bit you want press the letter o. stop the video and drag it onto the timeline. now press play on the right hand monitor. you will see the bit you've just "cut out". get an other section of video and drag that after the clip of video you already have on the time line. see what you get now in the right hand monitor.

if you want to know more about premier pro just just say/

Premiere Elements is a good starting program, lots of power and the move to Premiere Pro is very easy after. Chances are you will be able to do anything you might want to do in Elements however. I do more than 50% of my professional work in Premiere Elements.

There are also many books and lots of online tutorials to help you get started
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Hi there, you can start off with Windows Movie Maker (WMM). I think it is helpful for you to get an idea of the different steps in editing (on the top left hand of the program the steps are in a neat sequence).

Once you get a better hang of it, I would say, Premiere Elements is a fine option to go. There will definitely be difference in layout of the software but it is basically applying the same knowledge onto another interface, and with more controls that you will certainly be asking 'why doesn't it have this and that?' in WMM.

I can guide you through WMM if you are interested. I guess Chuck can help with Premiere Elements/Pro (which I know but have a severe lack of practice in). Let us know if there are other software you are looking at.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Quote: Chuck Engels
    View Post
    I do more than 50% of my professional work in Premiere Elements.
    I find this extremely surprising. I can't use premier elements, it's so restrictive.

I can only assume that you don't really know the program well enough. What restrictions are you faced with? There is very little I can't do in Elements that I can do in CS3. Understanding the program, knowing how it works and all of the functions and where they are is half the battle. Believe me, for $100 there isn't a more powerful video editor anywhere.

Quote: smifis
    View Post
    I find this extremely surprising. I can't use premier elements, it's so restrictive.
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com