Premier Elements 6

What do I set in Elements 6 to get it to see my Sony HVRZ1U Video Camera?

Mahalo
    Eric

There is no Premiere Elements version 6, they went from 4 to 7.

Your camera is a DVCAM and uses tape, connects via Firewire for capture, should not be a problem at all. In Device Control make sure you have selected Sony and then either Standard or Alternate, one of those should work.
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Mahalo, Stand corrected Premier Elements 4

Mahalo Chris You are indeed correct, it is Elements 4.

I will try again but I think So far I Have tried the first 3 in the list. It auto see's a Sony camera but does not control the camera, was hopping this would give me an easy time adding video to my Smugmug site before getting to put the whole thing together, editing film was so much easier, and what I didn't like went into the trash can. Or as I find after hours and hours editing in Premier Pro 2.o for Windows XP fails to output "encoding error" I am really resenting the money that Adobe has received from me. Wish now I went with something else that I could understand.

Sigh
    Haouli Maka Hiki Ho / Happy New Year
    Eric

Apology

Aloha Chuck

My Humble Apolog for calling you Chris, havent got my head on straight. Next year must be better

Again Sorry and Mahalo for the help
    Eric

Not a problem Eric, I consider it an honor to be mistaken for Chris

It sometimes will depend on when you connect the camera, before or after starting Premiere Elements. It should be able to control the camera as long as it is a MiniDV camcorder. Try connecting the camcorder before starting Premiere Elements, and if that doesn't work try connecting the camcorder after you start Premiere Elements.

Are you sure that you have a good Firewire cable and there are no problems with the Firewire card?
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Quote: EricTheater
    View Post
    ... Or as I find after hours and hours editing in Premier Pro 2.o for Windows XP fails to output "encoding error" I am really resenting the money that Adobe has received from me...
    I had this problem and i got a new graphics card and this fixed the problem.

Quote: Chuck Engels
    View Post
    It sometimes will depend on when you connect the camera, before or after starting Premiere Elements. It should be able to control the camera as long as it is a MiniDV camcorder. Try connecting the camcorder before starting Premiere Elements, and if that doesn't work try connecting the camcorder after you start Premiere Elements.

Are you sure that you have a good Firewire cable and there are no problems with the Firewire card?
    Aloha

Finally got the new cable, shorter, and tried connecting the camera before Elements started, it captured fine.

Now to find the editing tools. and how to send my short clips to Smugmug.

Mahalo
    Eric

how long was your cable!! It mustof been masive!