Removing sky from background

Hi there, I need to remove the sky from a background to be used in another program which inserts different skies in the image It has to be in tga format, with 32 bit and 72.000 resolution. I have tried this but keep getting different results does anyone know how to do this. The picture is a panorama which is the background in the program.

thanking you in advance for any help. I use photoshop 7.0 for this

hello there. can we see the pic that is going to need to be chopped? that may help us help you
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Print resolution (the 72 DPI you quoted) does not matter much in the digital realm unless you intend to go back to print -- and even then, it doesn't matter while you edit (unless you need to perform complex mind tricks... hey, I'm a TV engineer, everything I do is a complex mind trick!).
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Removing sky from background

Hi there I will send you before and after pics when I finish it and put it in the game there are a few white spots I cannot get rid of and have no idea how to do it. the black you see does not show as it is transparent (or part of the alpha not sure which) the first one i will label no. 1 and finished one as in the game will show as no. 2. and No. 3. The sky that shows in no. 2 and 3 is what the game adds you will see the white marks along some areas on top of rocks near skyline.

Thank you so much for responding I hope you can figure it out.

Tressie (KraftyT)
    Attached Images Attached Images

sorry after looking at these pics i am more confused as to what yo are trying to do. Is this for a video game? if so then what program are you useing for your creation and color
    Manoni Productions

removing sky from background

Hi there

this is a panorama that is in a golf course we are designing to be played in Links 2003. The course is not the problem it is the sky in the panorama I have to use the course designer to put the panorama into the course. The sky has to be transparent as the course takes on different skies that are part of the game. I hope this is clear enough if not thanks for your reply

KraftyT

ok so what you want to do is make the sky transparent. i get that, but what program are you making it in. i mean if it is going to move, me putting it in PS and showing you what to do, is not going to help you at all. so i guess what i am asking is what program are you using? i can prolly help you if let me know what type of file you are dealing with.

hope this helps
    Manoni Productions

removing sky

Hi there and thank you for your response I have finally fixed it and it looks awsome. I used a plug in called Retouche and it removed the white lines I have put it into my program and have loaded it into the game and it works great. Thank you for your assistance I really appreciate all the assistance given to me.

Tressie

Here is my 2 cents

Try the help tutorial, they give you a project from start to the end & they are very educational.

Photoshop tutorial

In this Photoshop tutorial we're going to remove most of the blue sky ...
    Photoshop creates a copy of the background layer and makes this new layer active