looking for the filter power supply or receptacle

Months ago, I saw a filter power supply in a shop. The salesman told me that it's

a filter power supply, actually I don't know what it is. It just like a common

electrical outlet or a receptacle. But the sound seems different when the

amplifier connect to it. Is anybody know this power supply?

I found yakars on the internet.
    They said it help improving sound quality, but how about image quality?
    What's its principle?

The principle is that the power coming from the outlet is not a pure 60Hz sine wave (or whatever the frequency is in China). There's also noise from dimmers, radio interference, large machinery on the same power line, fluorescent lights etc. The purpose of the filter is to remove that noise.

I have always doubted that such filters do any good. The power supply circuit inside an amplifier or any other piece of equipment must include very good filtering just to get the unit to work. Those who build external filters argue that once noise gets inside an amplifier chassis (or inside any piece of equipment), it couples into the circuitry just by being close to it, and the power supply filter doesn't cure that. Thus, they say you get better performance if you filter the AC power before it gets to the unit.

I have never heard or seen any improvement when an external filter is used, unless there's a specific problem like a ground loop - and if there is, that should be fixed instead of adding a filter. If you want to hear or see an improvement, it is very easy to convince yourself that you do hear or see an improvement. I've seen a great many cases of that among audiophiles.

I am all the more doubtful after watching a "technical" video produced by one of the leading American filter manufacturers. It is full of errors, misconceptions and outright nonsense. The people who made it obviously don't know what they're talking about. Any real engineer would laugh at the "technical explanations" given in the video.

I would only buy an AC filtering unit in one case: where the AC line voltage is so unstable or full of high-voltage spikes as to damage equipment or create audible/visible interferance with the signal.