XLR hot pin 2 and hot pin 3

We recently bought a Samick mixer (system 164). When we wanted to make some recordings we discovered the XLR output of the mixer uses pin 3 as a hot pin. As far as i know most systems use pin 2 as the hot pin. We do get good sound out of the amplifier but what i wonder is if we don't get problems with the pin 2/ pin 3 hot pin. What i think we now do is amplify the cold signal which is 180 degrees out of fase, does this give any problems or worse sound and do we have to make a cable with pin 2 connected to 3 and 3 to 2

This is a great question. I don't understand why some manufactures do make pin 3 hot, but they do. I had to put an amp rack together and the eq's were pin 3 hot so I just made my cables myself to keep everything in phase. I suppose if everything is working I would not mess with it, however, the minute you try to upgrade your system by adding other components or plug into someone else's gear, you had better have your adapters with you. Otherwise it is going to all fall apart for you, Within the confines of your own set-up you should not encounter any problems. I do know some engineers who intentionaly flip their signal out of phase to help with feedback. When mixing monitors, I often flip the channels out of phase from the FOH mix which really helps with gain before feedback. So I guess it is up to you. I myself would build the adapter because I am that way, but there is always more than one way to get the job done.

pozvibes

pin 3 hot

I had a tech come in and recable my club he soldered all the connections to monitors pin 3 hot..... I notice feed back between 1k and 4k is very bad. Is this because of the phase reversal?

Tell me a bit more about where the feedback is coming from. Is it from your FOH mix or just your monitor mix? What is your mic placement like and what type of mics. Is there EQ in the signal path? Just give me a brief rundown of what you have and what you are trying to do.