Still Image animation

So I'm using Premiere Pro, attempting to make about 420 still images into a single sequence that plays smoothly.
    So far I've been able to import them as a numbered set or whatever, but no matter what I do, I can't get more than the first 20 frames to even play, much less at a speed I want them to play at.

I've been frustrating myself for the past two hours fiddling with it and looking for tutorials online that will help me out, so far I'm totally lost.

What version of PP? What type of files? What preset are you working under? Is the work area set for the entire length of the timeline? Did you try to render it out and view it?

You said you can only get 20 frames to play, you are not expecting more than 14 seconds of playing time for all 420 frames, right? 20 frames would play in 2/3 of a second.

- Met

CS4, jpegs.

Your next three questions stump me.

I am aware of usual framerate speed. But I'm hoping there is a way to slow it down, so I can have two or three frames per second.

Hi nunchuckgun,

What preset are you working under?
    Eg, DV PAL, DV NTSC. You should be able to find it under Project settings?

Is the work area set for the entire length of the timeline?
    On top of the timeline there is a bar that stretches across the timeline. Your work area should fall within it, though I am not sure if that affects playback when you playback on the timeline.

Did you try to render it out and view it?
    Render, Export Movie under File.

There are a few things you need to do.
    1. Resize all your photos
    I tried putting really huge jpegs, and they gave the system a really big 'kick' and hard time processing & playback. Resize all photos in Photoshop or anything equivalent to the format you are working on (eg 720 X 576 for DV PAL sizing) and save as .tif or .jpg (either is fine, note tiff is a bigger file but it works well with Premiere).

2. Number and import your files

3. For a smooth animation, set 2 frames worth of each still.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

To get the result I think you are looking for, drop a picture into the timeline then drag it for as long as you want it to play. Repeat or all your pictures.

-Met

Bah thank god.
    After several attempts, and following the above advice, I completed my 45 second clip. Thanks! I owe you all one!

If you have CS4 i would ex[port them as a batch file .gif and put them in aftereffects. you do know that that is only about 14 sec of play time right?
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

I hope I will get the best help here. I want a web banner advertisement with animation. How much does it cost to design?

For a web banner advert i would suggest using Adobe Flash instead.