Gurudutt Verma

How to connect SONY Camera DCR-IP 55E to Internet?

Hi!

I bought one SONY camera model DCR-IP 55E from malesiya and I lost it's mannual. Now I want to connect to internet to brows or check mail as it has such nice features, but I am not able to do so.

as I got some news it reauire Bluetooth technology then I bought one bluetooth card, not the computer detect that there is such device in the bluetooth range, after that if I tried to brows website then it says that PPP configuration is not configured properly.

for PPP configuration it asks for

USR :
    pwd :
    DNS1 :
    DNS2 :
    Telephone :

I don't have any clue what it require to connect to internet.

Any IDEA ?

Blog Entries
    I've never heard of using a camera for browsing the Internet or checking email. I've looked at the specs for your camera and there is no mention of any such feature. It does have a "webcam" feature which would allow you to use the camera to publish images on the net, but I can't see anything about web surfing or email.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

calvert

bluetooth connection to net

Hi, I m facing the same problem with my Sony IP 55E Micro MV cam. I was asked to configure the PPP of which I m at a total lost. Need help here.

Blog Entries
    Scratch has looked into this and found the operating manual, which does mention internet connection:
    http://www.mediacollege.com/equipmen...ra/dcrip45.pdf

There's also this manual which covers network connections for Sony Handicams:
    http://www.mediacollege.com/equipmen...p5-network.pdf

PPP means Point to Point Protocol. It's a way to access your internet provider. You will need the PPP login details from your provider.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com