rusho00

Can you make a website under 8 hours?

Can you make a website under 8 hours? Well, I'm sure you can, but ... if you want to make a pretty decent website in today's standard, how long do you take? If there is anyone please inform me
    Last edited by rusho00; 17th Jan 2009 at 10:08.

Sure, i can make a website in well below 2 hours, but that's not really relevant.

The "by today's standards" is more or less relative, and wouldn't mean much in practice. Many web designers also simply re-use old code, and apply smaller modifications/improvements as needed, including myself.

I believe I take some other trail;

I can think of what kind of new look and the functionality your site is going to have in about '8 days and 8 hours'. Telling about a 8 weeks of period for a whole web site, perhaps, would be of a better approach.

While the whole magic could be planned, and coded / typed in - like - 8 hours, still I will be taking 8 days of my remainig time; it is called, 'the required time for digestion'. Like many true artists, or other perfectionists, or may be those who are willing to excel at their art and skills on a constant strive and challenge themselves, I do take my time.

Imagine, there in that period, you can feel your self like an old-fashionned and lavish hair-dresser, who looks like a focused-person saying that "what else I can FIX on this design" despite having given a valid shape already. The sound of the scissors just never stops, no matter if he keeps cutting or thinking, say, trying to see.

I have also never used the same code, even including the server side mailer scripts - but yes, I do full open those files at my editor, but only for getting inspired by them. I'm not proud of this - but everytime I feel I got better and more efficient in the design and whatever algorythmic mechanisms..
    Sounds odd to you? I wrote in the beginning: I took some other trail.

• These are perhaps only true on solo web development efforts, more of a lead-artists's way or so called an art-director's approach, and definetely not valid in 'corporate business environments' in which the design, souces and tasks are shared by a group of regularly-attending (and reporting) people.

best regards;
    - kunter ilalan web designer
    follow him on twitter and on MediaCollege

Ya a Professional web designer can Design All the website in below 8 hours ...

You have to provide complete Requirements

yeah...you can design a website in just 8 hours if you are a professional web designer...

Making a pretty cool website

Yes it is possible to make a Cool and decent looking website in just 8 hrs is quite possible. If you've gathered all the pictures and informations required for that particular website

Yup its quite easy because of CMS and other web development tools but content is the major problem if you are having the content then you can do it in 8 hours.