Trying to Upload a Slide Show to My Web Site-PLEASE HELP!

Hello,
    I just got Vegas Movie Maker 9.0 and trying to upload the slide show I made with my jpegs to my web site.
    How can I get the HTML code?

Hi Eyelene

You need to render the file out of MM9 as an MPEG2 and then find a conversion program to make it into a Flash FLV movie file!!

You then go to the Media Player forums here and get Dave's player and upload all to your website. All you need on your webpage is one line of html which is explained with the docs on Dave's player page.

To give you an idea what it looks like, take a look at my wedding site which uses Dave's Classic Player.

http://www.softweigh.com/wedding/sample.html

Chris

Html

Thank Chris,
    Does it make a difference that this is a slide show with still images and not a video?
    Also, we really don't want a player showing controls so I'm hoping there is a way to avoid that.

Hi Eyelene

If you make it in Movie Maker then it is rendered as a video clip (even though the images are stills)
    If you go back to my link and scroll down to the very last item in the player you will find a slideshow done in Vegas.

If you use Dave's "Altair" player then you can also hide almost all the controls.

Your second option is to totally forget Vegas and just drop the images into a Java slideshow code snippet and the pics will show on your website in sequence. There are tons of free ones out there!! Just google for "free javascript slideshow" and all you do is copy the code, substitute your image names and paste into your web page and upload the page (plus the photos) to your host server

Chris

Thanks again,
    I already paid for the Vegas program plus they have a lot of cool transition effects so I really want to stick with that for now.
    I will go back to your web page and check it out.

Hi again

Chris,
    Can you please direct me to the page I can download Dave's player?
    I can't seem to locate it.
    Thanks!

Hi Eyelene

http://www.mcmediaplayer.com/

I use the Classic cos it can handle multiple clips but the Altair is Dave's newer one!!

Chris