Transfer s-vhs to dv

I have a s-video vcr connected by s-vhs cable to a Panasonic nv-mx300 DV camera, with the camera set to vcr I can view the tape playing through the camera, but cannot find the setting to start the camera recording on to its DV tape.Any help, please?

Blog Entries
    What happens if you just hit the record button as if you were shooting in camera mode?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

s-vhs to DV

With the camera in vcr mode the record button does not work.What I am doing is to capture the s-vhs tape into Premiere Pro and then export it to tape.The computer is remotely activating the camera and this works,but I think there must a way to cut out this step and operate the camera manually. Thanks in anticipation of your help, this is a great site.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, not sure what to suggest. Are you sure your camera actually records in VCR mode? There are some issues in some countries with this - if a camera can record then it gets classed as a VCR and has a higher sales tax, so some manufacturers disable this feature for products distributed in those countries. I don't know if this applies to you but it's a possibility.

Unfortunately we don't have a manual for your model so I'm not going to be much help. Hopefully someone else can suggest something.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Yeh, its a bit of a puzzle. I have played around with all the setting in the camera and V.C.R menus and still cannot get it to record to tape, other than through the computer as a remote device operated by the programme. NEVER throw anything out, I did have the manual, but though, well nobody actually reads the manuals, right?

Ben.Shearer

Don't want to offend but...

I think you'll find you need to press the record and play button simultaneously, located on the VCR control keypad, to make the camera record when it's in VT mode.

Hope this helps!
    B.

bryron macb

None taken

Thanks, I did try that first with no success, however you are right it is the most obvious answer that I am begining to think I may have a fault in the camera.

Fruitcake

suggestion

I tried it on my sony, and it works, but maybe different since you have a panasonic. connect the live or recorded show feed to your camera, while in vcr mode press the record button simulaniously with the blank button.

my sony has a record button and a blank unlabled button right beside it.

Wizard

Remote

Quote: byron macb
    I have a s-video vcr connected by s-vhs cable to a Panasonic nv-mx300 DV camera, with the camera set to vcr I can view the tape playing through the camera, but cannot find the setting to start the camera recording on to its DV tape.Any help, please?
    Hi bro, do u have a remote controle if not try to order one at Panasonic, or try to get a recording software which will enable recording via firewire and then press play on the video machine, It can possibly work, but recording only works via the remote controle

Re:

Are you shure that you have fully functional DV-in on your cam?