popping in bynoral mics

When ever I'm walking I here a popping from the right mic. any suggestions?
    Regards,
    Ivan Fegundez. Recording Technician, live sound technician, and mastering technician.

Blog Entries
    Hi Ivan -
    Have you performed the standard process of elimination? Change mic, re-route signal to another input on the mixer, etc, etc, etc...?

Hopefully your not working with any pranksters... that would be just plain mean!
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Since it happens when you're walking, it's probably some vibration-induced thing like a bad connection. Wiggle each part of the system separately - mic, mic cord at the mic, mic cord at the jack. Tap on the preamp. You should find something that is sensitive and there's your problem.

I did that and it seams that ti's the cable to the mic itself. What do I do now?

Quote: karl eilers
    View Post
    Since it happens when you're walking, it's probably some vibration-induced thing like a bad connection. Wiggle each part of the system separately - mic, mic cord at the mic, mic cord at the jack. Tap on the preamp. You should find something that is sensitive and there's your problem.
    Regards,
    Ivan Fegundez. Recording Technician, live sound technician, and mastering technician.

Easiest: Replace it.
    Cheapest: tape over the sensitive part to make it stiff.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Worst: try to fix it yourself. You'll just make a mess of it, the connectors and cables on these mics are too small. Somebody with experience doing this specific thing has to fix it.