Wrapping up lunch....

I was out pulling weeds yesterday when I saw this magnificent specimen wrapping up its lunch.

Blog Entries
    Wow - very nice! Any part worth blowing up?
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Thanks SC. What do you mean by any part worth blowing up?

Blog Entries
    Hey Hammster - I was wondering if you could now zoom in and get an even closer, close-up. "Blow up" is an older term meaning to crop and zoom in a picture.

Lol... I guess, "blow up" may be politically incorrect now, these days...
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Thanks SC. I figured that's what you meant, but just wanted to make sure. I imagine I can crop it even closer. Might be fun to see what comes of it. I wanted there to be some green in the background so that's why I left it like I did.

Agree with Hammster. That looks like a big spider, otherwise you've got a pretty good macro lens. Pity the rest of the web (on which the spider's on) is hard to spot. Perhaps it's the jpg compression.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Blog Entries
    Quote: nagar
    View Post
    Pity the rest of the web (on which the spider's on) is hard to spot. Perhaps it's the jpg compression.
    Oh yeah... most likely.
    SC358

Quote: nagar
    View Post
    Agree with Hammster. That looks like a big spider, otherwise you've got a pretty good macro lens. Pity the rest of the web (on which the spider's on) is hard to spot. Perhaps it's the jpg compression.

The spider's legs were probably about 2-3" across. So, a fairly good sized spider.
    It was interesting in that the web wasn't even easy to see in person. It was extremely fine. Kind of like the perfect web in that a "victim" wouldn't see it and would get trapped easily. For me, I kind of like the look that the spider is nearly floating on just a hint of web. Keeps the focus on the spider and "lunch".

Quote: Hammster
    View Post
    The spider's legs were probably about 2-3" across. So, a fairly good sized spider.
    It was interesting in that the web wasn't even easy to see in person. It was extremely fine. Kind of like the perfect web in that a "victim" wouldn't see it and would get trapped easily. For me, I kind of like the look that the spider is nearly floating on just a hint of web. Keeps the focus on the spider and "lunch".

Yes, either way, spidey's really mean-looking... ;P
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore