Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Considering that Adobe lists the minimum specs for PP CS4 as 2GHz or faster processor for DV; 3.4GHz for HDV; dual 2.8GHz for HD*

Sony Vegas 8 - 1 GHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended for HDV)

Final Cut Pro 2 - A Macintosh computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4, PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor

What theory supports editing HD video on a 286?

I have to admit though, you have a point in that my post was too black and white. Orangeflava's specs DO just meet the minimum for PPCS4 to edit HD, so I stand corrected. With that said, experience tells me that just meeting the minimum specs and trying edit video do not usually go well together.

From my experience there are many times to say that a computer does not meet the necessary specs to edit video. Then there are times to say, give it a shot and see what happens. From experience the PC in question is not going to provide a pleasant editing experience.

In some cases it just depends on if you want to spend hours rendering or not. If you don't mind that every edit takes 10 - 15 seconds and adding a effect takes 1 or 2 minutes and then another 5 - 10 minutes to render. Some people have lots of time on their hands
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Quote: cata12
    View Post

I am already streaming Live HD on the internet and I can show you some demos if you are interested.
    You can also check blinkotv dot com for a tutorial.
    And I for one have heard quite enough about it and wouldn't go to your site if you paid me !!!!
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Quote: orangeflava
    View Post
    thanks for the tips. i will most definitely take your advice. approximately how much would that new pc hardware run me? also would a second hard drive work well if it is external and connected via usb? or do i need an internal hard drive?
    Ebay is a good indicator of price as its as up to date as you can get and so competitive for peoples price points

An external USB drive like a Mybook would be great, but, you should not try to encode over a USB connector
    use it to transfer files as archives after encoding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12