Streaming Doubts

I read the tutorial about how to streaming a video and adding to a website.

I found that tutorial very helpful but there's still one little doubt. When I have "streamed" the videofile to display on the internet through my website. When someone click on the hyperlink it will automatically open the videoplayer and starts to stream. I am ok 'til here.

The question is , will the videofile be dowloaded to temporary internet files ? If it is, is there a way to stream and not be saved and copied ?

Thank you

Blog Entries
    True streaming video (ie streamed from a specialized streaming server) isn't downloaded and stored on the viewer's computer. It's technically possible for a viewer to capture the video with a separate recording application, but that's relatively difficult and it's not something you'd normally worry about.

Other methods like progressive downloading which simulate streaming video do get stored.

What format are you using? Are you able to give an URL for us to look at?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Unfortunatelly I am not possible to display the url yet.
    I work at a brazilian airliner company at the flight safety department.
    My boss wants to stream a video but this video cannot be downloadable.

The intention is to display a flight safety video through our website. I think this video won't cause much traffic. Because of that I "think" our server is not a dedicated streaming server.

Blog Entries
    It's hard to say without knowing what format you're using and how it's presented on the web page, but my guess is that you aren't using a true streaming server and therefore your files will be downloaded. You really need a proper streaming server to be safe.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com