Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member matt capuyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    cebu city,philippines
    Posts
    17

    what's your DLSR camera preference and why?

    new @ this field, and still figuring out what brand, its just for my hubby.

  2. #2
    Hi

    Probably the most important question needs to be : "I have a maximum of $XXXX to spend on a DLSR"

    That way you will get sensible suggestions.

    I would say that Canon still lead the way with Nikon close behind but a Canon EOS1 plus a decent lens here would probably cost as much as a luxury car!!! If can afford around the $500 - $1000 then the EOS 400 series are really nice.

    Chris

  3. #3
    Senior Member SC358's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    608
    Blog Entries
    2
    From my own perspective (due to money constraints) I bought a Canon Rebel XTi, a couple of years ago. I knew what I could afford, so I did not bother looking at models that were out of my range. Sure it's nice to dream, but I was back in reality - what is the best I could afford?

    I wanted the ability to control the amount of light and flash; speed of action (if any); and to changes lenses. What is really great is changing the sensitivity of the camera as if I was changing ISO/ASA of film.

    Imho... between Nikon and Canon... it is now, how user-friendly is the camera? In either case, you will get spectacular pictures, no matter which you decide upon!

    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

  4. #4
    Hi there, so is it for your hobby or hubby? Just teasing...

    I started photographing on film SLRs and now, digital ones, so I am very familiar with the make and design of the brand of camera I use. User-friendliness ranges from person to person, and sometimes based on how long users have been using them.
    I don't enjoy using certain brands of DSLRs simply because I am not used to it at all (and the fact: I use different brands and models of DSLRs where I am).

    As also mentioned. budget plays a part. I have been doing physiology for some injury lately and it turns out my physiologist is intending to get a DSLR but constrained by budget, hence the need to make a decision over the best value-for-money DSLR. Also the kind of photography you are looking at (landscape, journalistic, fast paced, slow motion) plays a part as manufacturers design their bodies and accessories) with a niche (esp for pros) to general audience (amateurs, semi-pro) in mind.

    I would love to hear if there are any specific things/functions you are looking for, your budget, whether you have had experience with either film/digital cameras before, and at the end of the day, whether you intend to make a living/some extra cash with what you purchase, before I share about the possible brands you can look into.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

  5. #5
    Also, related to what would be best for you (besides price): What are you planning to use the imaging device for?
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

  6. #6
    Member matt capuyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    cebu city,philippines
    Posts
    17
    Quote
    Quote: ChrisHarding
    View Post
    Hi

    Probably the most important question needs to be : "I have a maximum of $XXXX to spend on a DLSR"

    That way you will get sensible suggestions.

    I would say that Canon still lead the way with Nikon close behind but a Canon EOS1 plus a decent lens here would probably cost as much as a luxury car!!! If can afford around the $500 - $1000 then the EOS 400 series are really nice.

    Chris
    ohh yeah? coz right night here in philippines particularly in cebu where i live,. nikon is commonly used, but i prefer canon, you know i started asking some friends here and asking some suggestions.

  7. #7
    Member matt capuyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    cebu city,philippines
    Posts
    17
    Quote
    Quote: SC358
    View Post
    From my own perspective (due to money constraints) I bought a Canon Rebel XTi, a couple of years ago. I knew what I could afford, so I did not bother looking at models that were out of my range. Sure it's nice to dream, but I was back in reality - what is the best I could afford?

    I wanted the ability to control the amount of light and flash; speed of action (if any); and to changes lenses. What is really great is changing the sensitivity of the camera as if I was changing ISO/ASA of film.

    Imho... between Nikon and Canon... it is now, how user-friendly is the camera? In either case, you will get spectacular pictures, no matter which you decide upon!

    ahh ok, so you mean it depends on the specs of that camera? so when you buy camera? what are the specs your looking for? ha.ha.ha. sorry lots of questions.

  8. #8
    Member matt capuyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    cebu city,philippines
    Posts
    17
    Quote
    Quote: nagar
    View Post
    Hi there, so is it for your hobby or hubby? Just teasing...

    I started photographing on film SLRs and now, digital ones, so I am very familiar with the make and design of the brand of camera I use. User-friendliness ranges from person to person, and sometimes based on how long users have been using them.
    I don't enjoy using certain brands of DSLRs simply because I am not used to it at all (and the fact: I use different brands and models of DSLRs where I am).

    As also mentioned. budget plays a part. I have been doing physiology for some injury lately and it turns out my physiologist is intending to get a DSLR but constrained by budget, hence the need to make a decision over the best value-for-money DSLR. Also the kind of photography you are looking at (landscape, journalistic, fast paced, slow motion) plays a part as manufacturers design their bodies and accessories) with a niche (esp for pros) to general audience (amateurs, semi-pro) in mind.

    I would love to hear if there are any specific things/functions you are looking for, your budget, whether you have had experience with either film/digital cameras before, and at the end of the day, whether you intend to make a living/some extra cash with what you purchase, before I share about the possible brands you can look into.
    ha.ha.ha. i got corrected, yeah thats a hobby well im still starting, budget wise, maybe 800 under, i prefer digital, yeah a camera that good and the price as well not bad, ha.ha.ha no i dont make it as a living just hobby, making most of my extra time.

  9. #9
    Member matt capuyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    cebu city,philippines
    Posts
    17
    Quote
    Quote: tonsofpcs
    View Post
    Also, related to what would be best for you (besides price): What are you planning to use the imaging device for?
    you say? it depends what brands you prefer? just hobby, but i like DLSR.

  10. #10
    "hobby" is not specific. What types of images do you plan to capture?
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Subscribe to us on YouTube