Learning HTML+CSS

I want to learn HTML+CSS. I was just wondering if i spend at least 3 hours a day studying it how quickly will i be able to write it fluently?

Also, when people design websites do they learn ALL of the code or do they have a blank template of the code then add all the vital information?

Thanks

It appears you have already learned a few tricks, by looking at your signature (and never clicking on it - possible malware you did say? - thanks - not buying it! ).

w3schools.com is a very well formed online teaching site so you can see your topics, and even proceed provided that you're self-motivated and self-disciplined - neither of both seems common in people.

As a first thing you should own a reference book and a notebook to write things down. At your university you can select a course for C programming and you will be asked to make your assignments using HTML. I don't believe any school is teaching HTML as a stand-along semester course, unless they are not so ..

technical of the least and kindest I can say.

A proper training of C gives you vision and opens new channels like Javascripting, Actionscripting, PERL and shell scripting, C# ASP.NET, PHP and Java programming language.

In the process, I assure you will have no problems interpreting a mark-up language like HTML or XML
    - kunter ilalan web designer
    follow him on twitter and on MediaCollege

ya i agree w3schools is a good site to learn css and html it,s easy to learn not so difficult.

Its hard to tell how long it will take, and even after mastering it, most of us still use references occasionally.

Just keep in mind that HTML is a markup language, and as such very easy to learn, you could potentially master it in a single day. What you need to focus on, is correct nesting of your elements. Its also an advantage to remember which elements are block elements, and which that are inline.

Another common trap, which the validator doesn't warn you about, is current best practices. Such as using headings in the correct order, or incorrect simatic use of elements. Most of which have been explained in the best references.

The validator was made to help webdesigners write valid Markup, as many sites was, and still are invalid. The validateor is also a useful tool when learning from the scratch.

CSS on the other hand is an essential tool when building any site these days, because HTML and CSS is more like a hammer, where HTML is the Shaft, and CSS the Head of the Hammer. Any site teaching their use as separate tools, is considered more or less obsolete, and i wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

I learned html, css, and rudimentary javascript on my own by surfing the web, looking at tutorials, and just plain creating sites.

I prefer practical knowlege than tutorial. If you won't get some practical knowledge about HTML and CSS you can't design a good page. I suggest you go through some online tutorials and try to make your own pages as per tutorials. w3schools.com is a best online tutorial site in the online.