Behringer 1502 Sub out help

Hello all! I just found this site and have a question.
    Does anyone use the Behringer 1502 sub out? The manufacturer states that the output be connected directly to the sub amp. If I do this, obviously I have to use the amp to set the volume level. I want to be able to control volume on my stereo mixer. Any advise?

I tried finding a 1502 on the Behringer site and got nothing. Are you sure that's the right model number?

Sorry, it is the Behringer, Ultragraph Pro FBQ1502.

If you use the sub out option the only way to adjust the volume of the sub is at the amp. If you need more control you will have to use a seperate crossover and feed it from your console via an aux or matrix.

On the other hand, if you first set the system up by setting an appropriate level with the sub amp, from there on you should just be able to use the channel bass control to get more or less sub. On-the-fly adjustments made this way tend to sound more "integrated"; that is, you don't get that funny effect where the sub sounds like it's a completely separate piece that has nothing to do with the main system.

Best of all, it's simple and cheap. Simple and cheap are good. We like simple and cheap. Yay, simple and cheap!

Quote: karl eilers
    View Post
    Best of all, it's simple and cheap. Simple and cheap are good. We like simple and cheap. Yay, simple and cheap!
    Oh, be honest, you're a fan of the rube goldberg complex and cheap
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

The problem with the rube goldberg approach is it's a lot of work. Work is a 4-letter word. I'm almost as lazy as I am cheap.

Now, if someone else does the work, then fine. As long as it's still cheap.

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I'll just use the ol' crossover.

Cheers
    Rob