Thread: Website is slow

Website is slow

I just made a new website yesterday at http://www.konetchreport.com. I'm looking at it a lot on my machine and it loads very slowly. It's not an internet connection issue because I have high speed. If you could help me out that would be great.

Also, a lot of the features on my site can only be used on IE. Not on Mozilla or some other browsers. Is there a way to redirect the user to a different page if he doesn't have a compatible browser?

Thanks a lot.

There would be, but it would be inefficient to rely on those methods. Not to mention that it likely would drive away a lot of potential visitors.

If your site is incompatible with current browsers, then you did something wrong.

Off-hand i could mention usage of br tags to force a particular layout, along with non-breaking spaces and tables.

You should also consider to leave out the use of deprecated attributes entirely, as its far cleaner, as well as easier to use external stylesheets alone.

I didn't notice that your site where slow, is took about 2secs to render. But your background is kinda big, not that uncommon. But still, i don't think the effect is is worth it.
    Last edited by BlueBoden; 21st Mar 2009 at 11:01.

Let me start telling you that this site is not new, you're either telling us not the truth or you're onto something.

Whatever your agenda is, I'm giving what you want as a future reference, and as a part of my own special expertise and the according services of mine:

Your site is UGLY - pay some of your hard-earned money to a qualified designer.
    Your mark-up is scrambled, make one part of the page at a time!
    You won't make up treasure out of nothing, especially, out of no efforts!
    I have doubts about your hosting service - similarly I have doubts about my hosting service, too. Cheap services won't take us any further.

All right, let me try resolving your speed factors:

• make fewer HTTP requests ( you have 7 JS!)
    • since you can't write your own, use a content delivery network
    • add the appropriate expires header
    • you can GZIP your file components
    • use organized CSS and put it on top in its place
    • avoid CSS expressions that forces the browsers as in your google css
    • make your JS and CSS external files
    • that Google thing causes additional DNS lookups, I suggest quit doing that
    • your JavaScript files do not appear to be obfuscated nor minified
    • remove the duplicates of everything
    • configure entity tags

Now whatever part you are left unsure

1. start looking up the phrases and learn by yourself
    2. hire real professional expertise

If you won't invest, how come you might expect your business to grow and prosper?

best regards;
    Last edited by kunter; 22nd Mar 2009 at 11:37.
    - kunter ilalan web designer
    follow him on twitter and on MediaCollege

You can Speed up ur site

You can speed up your site by using tiff or png images instead of Jpg or gifs. Use a limited no of animations.

one tool that has always helped when it comes to checking site load time and errors is the website optimization tool - http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

good luck

I had recent experience with this issue when I noticed consistent feedback that our new site was slow. So I added optimize to my web server and the difference is amazing

You can also use PNGGauntlet to compress your PNGs further down, then normally possible with software like Paint.NET.

Link: http://brh.numbera.com/software/pnggauntlet/

Quote: konetch
    View Post
    I just made a new website yesterday at http://www.konetchreport.com. I'm looking at it a lot on my machine and it loads very slowly. It's not an internet connection issue because I have high speed. If you could help me out that would be great.

Also, a lot of the features on my site can only be used on IE. Not on Mozilla or some other browsers. Is there a way to redirect the user to a different page if he doesn't have a compatible browser?

Thanks a lot.

I think you have solve your issue now? because when I clicked on your website link is working fine for me and get loaded within 10 seconds

I think your website is doing fine.