Whats up with Sony Vegas 9 and AE CS4?

Sony Vegas 9 is great for HD work, BUT, why why why why why did they ahve to limit the video tracks to only 4?!? and the audio tracks to only 5?!? what the hell man? what if i had two layers of video and i wanted to put three layers of text on top of those, then i guess im just screwed lol.

does anyone have any idea why they did that? or is it just my version of the program that does that becuz my luck is that bad?

and also, whats up with Adobe After Effects CS4???

Is it just me of does it actually not support WMV files? Why? Whats going on with the world lol?

Does anyone have any idea why this great effects software does not support WMV? or again is it just my version?

Vegas 9 is actually called "Movie Studio" and it's "limited" so home users who are unlikely to want more video tracks or audio tracks. You get what you pay for!!

I prefer Vegas 7 (these are the full versions now) which have unlimited tracks and a lot more features. You could probably get version 6 or 7 (they both do HD) a lot cheaper now than version 8 pro which is a bit pricey!!! I didn't upgrade to 8 cos I didn't like the new "upside down" interface!!

I haven't heard from anyone using CS4 but it will hopefully be better and will have corrected the problems that CS3 had.

Chris

If you want a similar program with unlimited tracks at a good price you can check out Adobe Premiere Elements 7
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Quote: ChrisHarding
    View Post
    Vegas 9 is actually called "Movie Studio" and it's "limited" so home users who are unlikely to want more video tracks or audio tracks. You get what you pay for!!

I prefer Vegas 7 (these are the full versions now) which have unlimited tracks and a lot more features. You could probably get version 6 or 7 (they both do HD) a lot cheaper now than version 8 pro which is a bit pricey!!! I didn't upgrade to 8 cos I didn't like the new "upside down" interface!!

I haven't heard from anyone using CS4 but it will hopefully be better and will have corrected the problems that CS3 had.

Chris

i used to work on vegas 7, but when i transferred HD footage into it, it does not even play the footage back, and it does not capture HD footage either, i had a problem capturing from my HV20 and i ended up having to use HDVSplit, which i do not like becuz it gave me hell while doing this movie im working on right now. Sony vegas 8 seems like a good idea

HDVSplit is a great free program for capturing HDV footage, I use it often. WinDV is the SD equivalent, also a great free program for capturing footage.
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Quote: Chuck Engels
    View Post
    HDVSplit is a great free program for capturing HDV footage, I use it often. WinDV is the SD equivalent, also a great free program for capturing footage.
    i transferred some footage using HDVSplit from my HV20, when i viewed the footage later, parts of the tape would freeze a frame for like 20 minutes, it doesnt ruin any of the footage, it just freezes one frame for some time, then just continues with the footage, but the footage that comes after this freeze frame would have no audio, just video. I discovered this after i had taped over the footage that i had transferred lol, im just glad that my movie was just music/soundtracks/SFX, no voice and no audio. i used sony vegas 9 to transfer the rest of the footage that i shot for the movie, and the files are flawless. Of course this was the first time HDVSplit created a problem like this, ive used it twice before with no problems

I've used it for over 12 hours of footage and no problems at all from my HV20

so does anyone know why AE CS4 does not accept WMV files?

Unless you are using a MAC there is no reason why AE CS4 would not import WMV files. Do you have the latest Windows Media Player? You could try installing Windows Media Encoder, that might fix whatever problem you are having.