Can I change my TV tuner chanels from any remote desktop application

Guys ,
    I know that there are many ways w can stream live from TV tuner..but is it possible to change the channels of TV tuner from remote desktop ?

Blog Entries
    I'm not completely clear on what you're trying to do but here's my best effort...

If you are the webmaster and you want to remotely change the channel of the tuner:
    If you have proper remote control of a computer then you can do anything that computer can do. I don't know much about Win XP remote access so I can't comment there, but something like PC Anywhere would do it.

If you mean that you want the end user to be able to "change channel" of a video stream they are watching:
    You'd be best to set up a different stream for each channel and make a "channel select" system which switched between feeds. Obviously you'd need to be able to tune into and stream multiple channels simultaneously.

I don't know about getting end users to be able to change the tuner itself. I suppose it would be possible but it wouldn't be a simple thing. And of course there's the issue of different users fighting over the remote

Don't know if I've answered the question at all. Have I??
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Harish

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.
    I just wanted to access my own PC from a different -remote PC and change the channels of the TV tuner card. I intend to stream the live content from TV tuner through vx-30 live software(to myself only)..but dont know if its feasable . I was not sure if I could change the cahnnels.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Yep, with remote access you can do anything on your computer as if you were sitting right there in front of it. The only issue is which remote access system you prefer. There's plenty of options out there but I've been happy with PC Anywhere.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Phoenix
    I am also interested in knowing about this, because I intend to do the same. But I don’t think you can change channels with “Terminal server” or “Remote desktop connection” in XP, because you are not allowed to open up any TV application because of video overlay issues (most of them would just give some sort of a video / driver error and exits). So I’m also wondering how to do it.