Sony PVW-2800P probs.

Hi
    New to this site (new to the product too!)

I have a Sony PVW 2800P but no manual.
    When i start her up I get 2 issues:

1 - the Stop button flashes green and I cannot stop it. I am loathe to try the machine out without knowing if this is the sign of an error.

2 - the hours clock is dead,is it true that the internal battery has a habit of giving up the ghost?

Any advice very much appreciated.

Jason

Blog Entries
    Hello evertaff,

Welcome to Media College. The flashing Stop button refers to No Gen-lock or Reference signal. The machine will still function regardless with the exception of frame accuracy if editing in A/B roll situation. It is just a visual warning.

The batteries have been known to last for quite some time which averages approximately 4-5 years. If there is a loss of the meter hours, then all indicators restarts from zero. There is no other way to know how much time has elapsed in OPERATIONS, DRUM HOURS, etc. Only meticulous record keeping will give you an idea of how much usage the machine has built up.

If you can find an NTSC operational manual version, 99% of that will apply to the Pal version.

Good luck!
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Hi
    Thanks for the quick reply SC.
    I am relieved that the flashing stop light is no big thing because I know these machines are pricey to repair.

As for the drum counter,there is no life at all(no display and no switch to display). Would this indicate dead battery?

And finally( so I can attempt to self-diagnose/repairand leave you all in peace) I don't understand which alternative manual you mean-which model.

Anyway thanks again

have a nice weekend

Jct-w

Blog Entries
    Quote: evertaff
    View Post
    As for the drum counter,there is no life at all(no display and no switch to display). Would this indicate dead battery?
    Yes - As I can recall, in order to replace the battery, you also had to replace the meter because it was encapsulated as one piece. I have my doubts that you can still order a replacement but you never know.
    Quote: evertaff
    View Post
    I don't understand which alternative manual you mean-which model.
    Your 2800P indicates a PAL machine. I don't know how easy it will be to find a manual but even if you find a 2800 manual, (which by default is NTSC) almost all operational functionalities should be a duplicated.

Sorry if I tend to be vague. I get to practice my explanations in this forum
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

You SC

Thanks again - its people like you who take the time to help others that make forums like this so valuable. I wuold still be stuck had you not replied to my queries.

Best of luck to you

Jason

This manual was posted by kawsakimx6 in another thread.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler