Uploading HD Videos

I really do not know why Youtube has a 1GB and 10 minute limit on videos. I have a 25 minute video that is 1.2 GB in size, and now im stuck cuz I cant upload it to youtube HD, and I do not want to split the movie into 2 or more segments.

Does anyone know any free websites other than youtube on which i can upload my HD video (the whole 25 minutes as one video, not split up)?

Thanks

Hi,

I don't know any free websites, but Vimeo is rather good for HD video, however, I think they also have a limit on files size but you can upgrade your account to vimeo plus for $59.95 for a year which would enable you to upload your video.

http://vimeo.com/

Tom

Hi Guys

Video sites have bandwidth costs and really huge videos take a lot of space and bandwidth which costs money for the hoster!!

I thought that the idea of the YouTube sort of site was short videos. I'm not too sure I could sit thru a 25minute clip and also spare a thought for users on wireless connections who often only get between 2GB and 5GB allowance a month!! Just watching ONE 1GB video would use up 50% of their allowance.

On my wedding server I always restrict the couples online video to around 8 or 9 minutes and in SD FLV format that is only around 30mb!! Even 9 minutes of video can be tiresome to watch sometimes and although vimeo's HD hosting is good I got rather tired waiting for the buffer to load the huge files so I usually opt for the SD version anyway.

Very few people (apart from video ultra-enthusiasts) are worried about the quality anyway!!! The content is FAR more important and we have become a little obsessed about technical issues rather than providing really good content.

Chris

alexxzone
    Yeap, for the receiving video websites and surfer viewer both, regular formats like FLV or SWF is good enough.

Vimeo is great. But really, Ma7amee7o, 1.2G is HUMONGOUS for a video file.. if I am not mistaken, the limit for Vimeo upload (free acc) is 800mb per wk.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore